Apr 27, 2021
What’s next for you after getting laid off or willingly leaving
corporate America? Are you thinking entrepreneurship but still
don’t know how to make that transition? The best thing you can do
in this scenario is to first heal from your previous job’s
attachment and anxiety so that you can start afresh and succeed as
In this episode of the Your Career Cure Podcast, Gail
Tolstoi-Miller speaks with Chicago Illinois native, Katrina Roddy.
She worked for 30 years in Corporate Insurance before being laid
off. It was at that moment when she chose to take her acquired
skills in corporate and created her own career as an
Author/Entrepreneur Coach. This best-selling author of "Steal your
SKILLS from Corporate", will coach you through the mindset it takes
to transition from employee status to becoming the CEO of your life
as a new entrepreneur!
She shares the process she used to develop a book buildup in a
period of 90 days and then write the book itself in 24 hours.
She explains her mindset reset formula M.O.V.E.S. and how it can
help you move on from the corporate mindset to a creative space.
Listen in to learn the qualities you need to become an entrepreneur
and to maneuver the challenges you face in the transitioning
SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT, LIKE & SHARE
Apple | Google | Spotify | iHeart | Stitcher | Amazon | Podchaser | Castbox | Pandora | Watch
Video on Youtube
What You Will Discover:
- [1:08] Katrina talks about her 30 years long corporate career
and getting laid off.
- [3:25] Life after the layoff- how she failed in
entrepreneurship and the defining moment when she wrote her
- [5:05] The process of writing a book in 90 days with the
guidance of a writing coach.
- [8:49] Katrina on her company The Corporate Breakup, which
helps people heal from their corporate job and transition to the
- [10:58] Why she lets her clients decide whether to go back to
the corporate world or to transition to the next thing.
- [12:00] Katrina’s mindset reset formula M.O.V.E.S. and how it
will help you share your story.
- [18:58] How covid changed the technology landscape, allowing
people from different areas to interact.
- [20:05] Katrina’s worst career moment- when she was
unexpectedly laid off yet again.
- [23:15] Why you should do things that will help you succeed in
your career or business.
- [25:15] How she was influenced by her peer group to pursue a
college education and a career.
- [28:57] The importance of working on your business as a side
hustle when you don’t have enough resources.
- [31:21] The main challenges you experience when transitioning
from corporate to entrepreneur.
- [33:55] The qualities of an entrepreneur and why you shouldn’t
become one if you lack them.
- [35:40] The 3 best career and Corporate America answers that
Katrina would give to win the 50 million dollars Your Career Cure
Katrina’s Social Media Info: